The Best Point of Sale (POS) Apps for Tattoo Shops in 
Are you looking for the best Point of Sale (POS) apps for your tattoo shop or piercing studio? As a small business in 2023, you should be looking for an easy-to-use interface and industry-specific features that integrate seamlessly with your workflow. Salon software for the tattoo industry should include appointment scheduling, a customer notification system to avoid no-shows and consent forms. Read our buyers guide to learn more about what to look for in a POS system.
What are the benefits of using a tattoo shop POS system?
A tattoo shop point-of-sale system offers many benefits for your tattoo parlor.
- You can quickly and easily manage your payment procedures: With a tattoo shop POS system, you can quickly and easily process payments from your clients and get financial reports from it to make your accounting easy.
- Scale your business with ease: A tattoo shop POS system makes managing your business easy–you’ll be able to scale as needed without any hassles or complications! Adding and removing artist and receptionists as much as you want is a basic requirement.
- Organize everything in one place: A tattoo studio POS saves you time by taking all of the tedious tasks related to running a tattoo studio–such as making appointments between customers and artists, keep track of paid deposits, customer history, and more–and putting them into one neat location on the computer screen!
- Keep your artists happy with an intuitive interface: Offers an intuitive user interface that is simple enough for even beginners to understand. Every artist in your studio will become better organised with less effort.
- Start using extra features as you grow: Start of with the basics of scheduling appointments, but grow with features like automated deposit reminders, notify guestartist of new bookings, start putting your payments in the system and draw reports, draw a list of customers who want to come earlier when you have a no-show, etc
How does the tattoo shop POS work?
- These systems are designed to be as easy as plug-and-play, so you can spend more time doing what you’re actually good at – tattooing and running your business!
- Automatically send booking confirmations to your customers: tattoo shop POS system saves you time! With a well-designed and functioning tattoo shop POS system, you’ll be able to easily manage your customer database, without having to waste your time looking after each activity manually – which can free up valuable resources for more important tasks.
- Automatically send reminders through SMS and email to avoid no-shows: a simple and easy-to-use tattoo studio POS system is perfect for newbies and experts alike. Whether you’re a beginner wanting an easy platform to start from or an experienced artist who wants everything automated, there’s a perfect tattoo shop POS software out there for you!
- You’ll be able to scale your business with ease: If your current tattoo studio setup doesn’t have the technology or manpower necessary to handle growing demands, don’t worry – with the help of a good Tattoo Shop POS System, scaling up will be a breeze!
Buyers Guide: Things You Need to Know
When choosing a tattoo shop POS system, it is important to look for a system that has a solid CRM system to help take detailed notes within a record. In a tattoo shop, the clientele are typically pretty loyal to their chosen artist. Therefore, it is important for the shop to have a system in place that can take detailed notes on each client so that the shop can better serve them in the future. A POS system with a solid CRM system will help the shop keep track of each client’s preferences and behavior, fe: their history of artists they were with, how much they spent in your studio already, if they cancelled on you before, etc.. Knowing these details while making a new booking makes it easier to provide the customer as well as your artist with the best possible service. Being able to pull a list of clients who want to come earlier if place becomes available is another feature to look for.
Best Tattoo Shop Point-of-sale Systems
Tattoogenda is a web app where tattoo studios and artists can create an account to manage their projects and appointments. Studios are able to schedule and book appointments between their customers and their artists.
Booking customers in your artists calendar triggers some automatic emails. This system emails them a list of their new apponitments + the day before their booking is due it also sends out an email/sms reminder.
It doesn’t stop there, you can collect deposits with a payment button in those automated mails, and if you want to stretch if even further, you can have the customers appointment cancelled automatically if their deposit has nog been paid digital within x-amount of days.
You can keep track of waiting lists for guest artists, and have that list be mailed out automatically when a new guestspot is announced.
Drawing a list of customers who mentioned they want to be contacted on cancellations or no-shows is a feature that can dramaticaly reduce the loss of income that occurs with such events. By being able to fill those last-minute empty spots quickly.
2. Simply Inked
This system offers professional artists all the tools they need to run their business easily and effectively, from Loyalty Programs to Appointment Reminders and Scheduling.
With growth tracking capabilities, you’ll be able to keep track of your business’ performance in real-time. This will allow you to make informed business decisions and take appropriate action should things not go as planned.
The integrated payment processor on this system makes it quick, secure and reliable when paying clients. You can either accept payments when they book online or have them pay in-person. Either way, this ensures a smooth experience for each payment made.
2. Tattoo Pro
TattooPro is a cloud-based software that helps tattoo studios manage various administrative operations. It features a POS system, SMS reminders, CRM, reviews management, and more. Tattoo Pro is easy to use and has a wide range of features that make it the best choice for tattoo parlors.
REV23 is an other industry-specific tattoo shop POS software because it is designed specifically for businesses in the tattoo and piercing industry. It features easy data entry and collection, which makes it a great choice for businesses looking to grow their customer base. Additionally, REV23 presents data in easy-to-read charts and offers an industry-specific scheduler and deposit tracking.
4. Clover POS
The Clover Tattoo Studio POS system is an all-in-one tattoo parlor POS system that comes with a range of features. Clover allows you to customize the tattoo shop’s POS system to suit your needs. Clover integrates with various payment processors to make things easier for you. The Clover Tattoo studio POS and integrated payments processor makes managing your business easy and efficient. The Clover Tattoo Studio POS system is more expensive than other tattoo salon POS systems however.
InkBook is a great value for your money because it offers standard pricing for various types of services, itemized invoicing, and helpful billing and tracking features. The software is available for a one-time price of $349, and comes with a free one-year subscription to the Inkbook Online Store. There are no monthly fees associated with the use of Inkbook, making it an affordable choice for tattoo businesses.
6. Simple Salon
Simple Salon is the preferred management software for many hairdressing salons and barbershops.
This cloud based POS system includes SMS messaging, online booking management, marketing, accounting, reporting, as well as mobile device management, and secure, user-friendly payment processing.
Your marketing department can send welcome notes, reminders and promotional offers, as well as keeping in touch with your customers.
Omnify is a complete platform that helps businesses sell and schedule their services, as well as engage with clients in the most effective way. This makes it a good POS app for tattoo shops, as it can help them boost conversions and grow faster.
Some of the key features that make Omnify a good POS app for tattoo shops include its service store feature (which provides a one-stop shop for all your services), its easy-to-use booking page, and its comprehensive client management capabilities.
Are you looking for the best tattoo parlor pos system to help you with business management? We’ve summed up the best options in this post. The best tattoo shop POS system will be one that is easy to use and provides all the features you need to manage your business effectively. It should have features such as appointment book scheduling, commission management for guest artists, deposit tracking, waitinglists, and sales reporting. Additionally, it should integrate seamlessly with your existing setup so that you can continue to use the software you are already familiar with.